Our service provides information and confidential support for women who have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse. We provide support whether you are with your partner or not, and recognise that abuse affects women in different ways, and can have an impact on various aspects of your life. We are and LGBTI inclusive service: CASWA provides a service for all women who have experienced domestic abuse.
Our domestic abuse specialists provide non-judgemental, person centered support, enabling you to make your own informed choices. Their support is flexible to meet your requirements and can be by telephone, face to face meeting in a safe place, text or email.
We are qualified Independent Domestic Abuse Advocates offering:
- Specialised safety planning
- Specialised support planning
- Specialised advocacy
- Specialised emotional and practical support
In addition we offer:
- Assistance in securing or maintaining housing accommodation, including advice on refuge accommodation, housing applications and other options.
- Advice on money & benefits, including referral to specialist services where appropriate
- Advice & information on drug or alcohol misuse, including signposting to other agencies
- Support for your children from our Children & Young People service
- Assistance to access other services/ agencies (GP, health visitors, solicitors, housing, social work, mental health support, substance misuse support)