CASWA is a specialised organisation in Caithness and Sutherland for women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse. We have nearly 15 years of experience of delivering a support and information service and are registered in Scotland as a charity and a company limited by guarantee.
We operate an outreach service which is delivered by our domestic abuse specialists across and throughout the area through our Women’s Service and Children & Young People’s Service. We are an LGBTI inclusive service: CASWA provides a service for all women, children & young people experiencing domestic abuse.
In addition, we also recognise our role in raising awareness and providing education about domestic abuse. Please see the services section for more information.
CASWA’s aim is to help, support and empower you to make your own informed choices and enable you to understand and move on from your experience. To help do this we will provide you with non- judgemental support and offer you the most appropriate advice in relation to your individual situation, ensuring a person centred approach which is tailored to your needs.
We are regulated by the Care Inspectorate, for the last 2 inspections (2016; 2018) across all areas tested (care & support, management & leadership and staff) we have been marked as excellent. Our most recent report can be accessed here: Care Inspectorate Report 2018
Our Duty of Candour report can also be accessed here
- A community that is aware of, intolerant of, and challenges abuse, in all its forms.
- People within our community are responsible for their behaviours and actions, and have respect for each other and themselves.
- CASWA is an accepted, integral part of our community; supporting and empowering women and families to recover, move on and live in safety.
- To support women, children & young people effectively, by providing practical and emotional support to those experiencing or who have experienced domestic abuse.
- To educate the wider community on domestic abuse and its impacts and legacy.
- To promote the service, so that all women and children & young people in Caithness and Sutherland are aware of CASWA.
- To provide the resources to make CASWA fit for purpose and financially sustainable.
- Compassionate and Empathic
- Person-Centred in our Approach
- Innovative, Creative and Fun
- We have Integrity.